Top Things to see and do in Arizona
You could spend many years in Arizona exploring all the state has to offer and still not see it all. We put together (in no particular order) a list of what we think are some of the best sights in Arizona to experience. These sights give a great overview of what the state has to offer. You will change elevations and go from low desert to pine forests. It was hard to narrow it down to just ten, but if you were visiting us this is the list we would give you. Click to see top attractions for kids or to read about other things to do in Arizona. Explore and have a great vacation!
Ten Top Things to see and do in Arizona
- If you are visiting Arizona the greatest natural attraction to see is the Grand Canyon.
- The Heard Museum is a great way to learn about the southwest and is a popular attraction in Phoenix.
- Take a hike! There are so many beautiful trails in Phoenix and throughout Arizona.
- Visit Tucson to see desert animals, hummingbirds and plants all in one place at the Sonoran Desert Museum.
- Papago Park has a kid friendly hike and is home to both the Phoenix Zoo and the Desert Botanical Gardens. See three sights in one stop.
- Like architecture? Take a tour of Frank Llyod's Talisen West in Scottsdale
- See the red rocks of Sedona and explore Oak Creek Canyon.
- See a forest of saguaro cactus at Saguaro National Forest in Tucson. You won't see this anywhere else in the world, the saguaro is a symbol of the southwest and only grows in the Sonoran Desert.
- Montezuma's Castle a well preserved part of Arizona's history and an easily accessible Native American Indian ruin.
- Lake Powell & Antelope Canyon